By Lena Harizopoulos.
So here I am at Capri, a throwback photo at JK Capri Hotel, my favourite on the island.
Going through my options about a June trip, I realized how much I have missed Capri.
The smell of lemons, the deep magenta purple of the bougainvilleas hanging off the terracotta villas, the saphyre blue of the sea, the endless promenades at Capri’s cobbled lanes, the cliff top houses.
Mysterious romanticism is the feeling you get and it is sweet and alluring.
1) JKCapri Place: As soon as you will arrive you will feel in heaven.
At JK Capri you will feel as a modern Jackie O. The interiors are minimal yet homy with an all American feel to them.
The marine element is there with white and blue couches, beautiful verandas on the sea, a great pool and a gym next to it.
2) Hotel La Minerva: In case you cannot afford JK Capri but you are still after a beautiful hotel, this 4 star will do the trick. a typical Capri house
3) I love the Capri Tiberio Palace, it is not in the centre of the island but its contemporary yet retro feel has stolen my he
You can spend a whole weekend here without leaving the hotel.
A swim in its pool some fun time at the spa, drinks at Jackie O, dinner at the Tiberio terrace.
1) Da Paolino: When I first visisted Da Paolina, Richard Gere was sitting next to me. Enough said I think.
Old school local garden with exceptional limoncello and traditional dishes.
2) La Capannina
An old institution with great sea food dishes just 100 metres from the Piazzetta Try the pasta alle vongole
3) Aurora: A people watching restaurant that you should go if it is your first time on the island.
The food is good most of the times just do not go when it is too hectic.
4) E divino Capri.
A touch of couleur locale here.
Do it as the locals in this traditional capri house you are going to feel like home.